Tuesday 19 February 2013

Predictions and Politics...

Good afternoon Class,

Today we reviewed 'going to' for future plans and predictions based on evidence which we can see and hear.

We began by making questions about future plans... 

Q. What are you going to do this Summer?
A. I'm going on holiday.

Q. Where are you going?
A. I'm going to Thailand

Q. When are you going?
A. I'm going in 2 months

Q. Why are you going?
A. I'm going to relax and sunbathe

Q. Who are you going with?
A. I'm going with my best friend

Q. How are you going?
A. I'm going to fly

Here are some more answers... can you guess the questions?

To speak Portuguese
Go clubbing
Later tonight
Taxi 
All my students
Dicey's

Next we made some 'going to' predictions based on evidence that we heard and saw. Some predictions you made were...

She said that man is handsome: She is going to chat with him
He said he has a headache: He is going to take some painkillers
There is a bottle of wine and a bottle of whiskey on the table: They are going to get drunk.
That girl is staring at my boyfriend: There is going to be an argument!

After the break we used 'going to' to make political manifestos which you then presented to the class. Well done to the Young Dublin Party, The Republic of the Left and The Power Party. You guys had some great ideas (and some really funny ones too...you know what I mean Power Party!!)

Here is a copy of the worksheet I gave you in case you missed class.



Don't forget your photography homework! Make some funny predictions in Dicey's tonight!

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment