Thursday 28 March 2013

I was interested in interesting presentations!

Good afternoon class,

Today we practised pronunciation for 'ed' endings. This is something that most students struggle with but there are rules which can help us...

If you fancy some more practice with this then try these online exercises.

Next we looked at adjectives ending in ed (for feelings) and adjectives ending in ing (for characteristics)



For example...
  • The movie was boring (so I felt bored).
  • This movie is so interesting (so I am interested in the movie).
  • My boyfriend has a very annoying habit (so I am annoyed).
  • Grammar can be confusing (so a lot of students are confused).
  • The soap opera story was surprising (so I was very surprised).
  • The football match was exciting (so the fans were excited).
After break you did your presentations (and we had a very cute little visitor - thank you Rocio!!) Your presentations were really great and I was very happy with you. We will have our individual feedback sessions tomorrow.

Finally I want to say a big good bye and good luck to our Russians who are leaving Ireland tomorrow. You gave me some fabulous gifts today, here I am with all my presents, thank you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment