Tuesday 12 March 2013

She asked if you listened in class today...

Hey guys, sorry this post is a little late, as you know I am very sick at the moment...so this post will be short and sweet.

We began today with shopping role plays using the homework gap fill from Monday. Here is some of the vocabulary which we covered...

After this we did a very difficult listening exercise (well done guys) about shopping. We moved on to study forming reported speech questions. 


Remember with reported speech questions we still change the tense, just like in normal reported speech (take a look here for a re-cap on the tense changes) but we also change the form of the sentence.

                    She asked me question word + subject + verb

"Where are the dictionaries?"

She asked me where the dictionaries were.

"Who was the woman in the car?"

She asked me who the woman in the car had been.

If the question you are reporting is a yes /no question then you must use if or whether.

He asked me + if / whether + subject + verb

"Do you like chocolate?"

She asked me if I liked chocolate

"Did you see the new horror movie?"

He asked me whether I had seen the new horror movie

Try this online exercise for extra practice (if your homework isn't enough!) 

We finished off with some conversation questions about shopping. 

Don't forget that everything which we learn this week will be on Friday's test!

See you tomorrow guys (if I don't die of the flu tonight!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment