Tuesday 9 April 2013

to count or not to count, that is the question...

Hi Class,

We started off today's lesson with some discussion questions about entertainment. Conversation practise is very important because it is useful for your speaking skills (obviously!), your listening skills and also your confidence. It's also a great way to get to know your fellow classmates and your lovely teacher ;-)

Next we studied countable and uncountable nouns. You looked at some items which I had arranged on the floor and then I covered them up and you tried to remember everything...




Well done Vivian for remembering the most items! You must have a photographic memory! 

Next you worked in pairs to divide the nouns into countable and uncountable...




Try this exercise for some extra practise.
We talked about how you can use some nouns in both countable and uncountable form. Here are some of the ones we talked about in class and some sentences you made for them...




You can even use both countable and uncountable versions of the noun in one sentence! 


I am very interested in language which is why I have studied three languages!
You need a football to play football.
I have had many scary experiences in the past which have given me lots of experience coping with fear.
I studied business in university because I want to own my own business in the future.

Your homework is to finish off the worksheet we started in class, we will correct it tomorrow... have fun in Dicey's... don't get too hungover!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment