Thursday 23 May 2013

Beyonce, The King of Spain and a Lovely Sandwich...

Hello Guys,

Today we began by revising uses of 'like'. I think everyone feels confident with this now, here's a challenge for you... can you write a sentence using ALL the different uses of like?

I really like it when you ask me if I'd like to go for dinner (like yesterday) because you look like Brad Pitt, we can eat at your house if you like - what's your cooking like?

After this we looked at a reading exercise about strange travelling experiences. Here is the vocabulary we covered...



After this we looked at articles. There are three options when deciding what to use before a noun.

Option 1 - definite article (The)
Option 2 - indefinite article (a / an)
Option 3 - zero article (no article)

It's very difficult to know which choice to make. Here are some of the rules...




If you would like some extra articles practice click here or here.

Remember: We have a test tomorrow. On the test will be...

Past perfect tense
Uses of 'like'
Articles
Vocabulary from the week


1 comment:

  1. My answer to the challenge:

    We can go out for a beer this friday if you like, because she ask me if I'd like going pubs (like Phenomenas) and I would like to show her how much I like drinking and what's my "tipple" like.

    Like it?

    ReplyDelete