Monday 20 May 2013

I hadn't seen a giraffe before I visited Africa

Hello Everyone,

Today we begun class by talking about Africa and descriptive language. Here is some of the new vocabulary...



Next we looked at the past perfect tense...






Remember: If we want to show that actions in the past happened very quickly one after another we use the past simple (When I went back to Spain I realised...) (I went to his house and went into the kitchen and poured a cup of tea).
If you want some more practice (even though you have plenty with your homework!) click here and here.

After break we talked about describing a photograph. Remember the phrases which we learnt to help us...


I have asked you all to bring in a photo or select a photo from your phone and describe it to the class tomorrow morning. You must use some of the phrases we learnt. 

You also have a grammar worksheet to complete which we will correct together in class tomorrow.

Have a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment