Wednesday 15 May 2013

We have spent a lot of time on the present perfect today!

Good afternoon Class!

Today was really intense - WELL DONE for not going grammar crazy! We looked at all the different reasons for using the present perfect.


We began with: BECAUSE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT LIFE EVENTS 


We listened to a song ('Have you ever been in love' by The Divine Comedy') and identified some of the verb 3s (past participles)





 OK, reason number 2: WITH UNFINISHED TIME WORDS.

Practice here

Reason 3: BECAUSE THE PAST AND THE PRESENT ARE CONNECTED - A PAST ACTION HAS A PRESENT RESULT.


Reason 4: TALKING ABOUT 'HOW LONG' WITH AN UNFINISHED ACTION. USUALLY WITH FOR AND SINCE.

Practice here
 Reason 5: WITH JUST, YET AND ALREADY


Practice here
Remember your intonation when using 'already' at the end of the sentence...you want to sound surprised! Copy me!

Your homework is the worksheet which I gave you in class. Remember only do exercise one on each side.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, I'm Pau, your student, this blog is simply fantastic: very useful to your students (like me)! Today has been a hard -but productive- day. Your shoots of the blackboard help me a lot to remember the class when I get home, so many thanks!
    Your student and, now, reader of your blog.

    PD: I've ALREADY done my homework ;)

    PD: I'm also have my own blog (http://paullop.es) but it is in spanish... I'm thinking of making new one in english. Yesterday I translated my LinkedIn profile to english, so since then I've saw how the visits to it has increased more than 300%!!! Maybe this indicates is the moment to start blogging about my topic in english....

    ReplyDelete