Wednesday 27 February 2013

Hannah makes you read her blog!

Bons alunos tarde linda! Los buenos estudiantes hermosa tarde!  
Pomeriggio gli studenti buoni lovely!  안녕하십니까 아름다운 학생!


 Today we studied make, don't make, let and don't let. We discussed the difference between them and made some sentences. 

 Subject + let/don't let/make/don't make + object + verb 1...

My boyfriend doesn't let me buy expensive shoes
I let my dog sleep in my bed
My wife makes me wear clean underwear every day
My parents don't make me come home before 11pm

Here is a picture of the definitions of use from the board... 
 

Next we learned about the schwa sound   /ə/ 
This is the most common sound in the English language. We can hear this sound in the last syllable of teacher, America and camera. 
I have found this excellent video all about the schwa, it's really worth watching.


Your homework tonight is to make eight sentences using make, don't make, let and don't let. Four about society in the present tense and four about your parents in the past tense.

examples:
 Society doesn't let me be naked in public
My parents didn't let me have a boyfriend until I was 16 

Have a great night everyone and see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment